Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sucks

I am not religious and Easter makes no sense at all to me apart from being a fucking inconvenience as far as the shops being shut.  Seriously, be Catholic but don't bloody force it on the rest of us.

I was raised a Catholic (hence my disdain for it).  Hellfire and brimstone won't a Christian make.  I spent my kindergarten years scared shitless every night for fear I would burn in hell because of some bad deed or thought.  How sad is that?

Anyway apart from that, as I thought of my oldest grandchild all day, he turned six, we listened on the police scanner as a plane went down just kms from us and two poor people lost their lives, and we heard all the accompanying drama and much later the "government contractors" on their way to the scene (we know, sadly, that means the funeral people coming to remove the dead), and also the sweet sounds of a baby being born.  Phill said that is the way it is, the world replaces people every day.  I love the way he thinks in that way, nature takes care of it all, even though it all seems so sad and unfair at times.

I've just sat here for ages thinking of this blog, and that a pretty horrible thing happened in my life and I can't write of it here because I don't feel safe to recount it.  I have loved blogging and I am not really sure what do to but I guess it's fairly clear.  I will continue to blog but not so publicly.

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

always hated easter..had to get dressed in something frilly and with a hat too...for a tomboy is was torture.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Be rest assured that what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas with moi. I shit you not!
Sorry that you are having to carry this burden. If it's any consulation I care and what ever you decide to do ( except drop off the face of the earth to me )is UNDERSTOOD.
You do know that there are several ways that people who have access to your computer can search for what sites you have been using....don't you. Which reminds me I haven't deleted mine.
(((hugs)))Pat

Susi aka Sinead said...

Hello Foxy, it's good to hear from you again, I'm sorry for what has happened to you. I understand you question your blog and what to do with it... under this sort of circumstances I often prefer starting over... because it simply feels safe. I hope you'll feel happy with whatever decision you make, regarding blog, living, family and all. Hugs to you!

Middle Child said...

I was raised a Catholic and had the best and worst of it - am finding my own way these days - but it not just catholocism its all religions - Melissa's husband's greek orthodox are much bigger than we are on Festivals - and in that country the days would be even bigger. In Muslim nations the same on their "days" - We are lucky at least to have the choice not to join in - for me it is either a family day as yesterday - or in the past five years a shockingly lonely day when everyone else seemed to have family...

Hope all works out for you. Understand about keeping some things private - anyway I can help - you have my email

as My name Was female says get rid of the history or have a password no one will guess on your computer.

Family should respect privacy - that was a golden rule when i was growing up - sadly some family members have forgotten the principles Mum and dad instilled

Unknown said...

I was raised Catholic, too and though I've moved on to a spirituality that suits me better (Pagan), I still struggle with the guilt. That sucks!! I almost feel it was a sort of brain washing.

I'm sorry for whatever happened to you. There is nothing worse than not having a safe place to express yourself. I hope you find that again, soon, Foxy. x

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)