How clever am I? I suppose you could tweak it by adding other things, like garlic, I'm not sure what even goes into the bottled Thai sauces, I must look next time I'm in the supermarket.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Sweet Chilli Sauce
I am making This for the kids and I for dinner tonight as I had chicken mince I needed to use. After the big fridge clean up at Christmas a lot of out of date stuff got thrown out and so did my sense of what I had and what I don't have in the pantry and fridge. I thought I had some Sweet Chilli Sauce but I didn't and Phill was just about to leave with the car so I couldn't go back to the shops. So after I did a bit of research I made my own. I had cooked some tomatoes out of the garden and wasn't sure what to do with them, so I pureed them with some brown sugar, Allspice, chilli flakes, rice wine vinegar and fish sauce. I didn't measure anything I just put in what I thought was right and it turned out really well. I have enough for my recipe tonight and put the rest in a little sterilised jar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)
4 comments:
How do you think of all these recipes! I wish I was as smart as you with food! But nope I just cook basic food. Not like you,you missed your calling.
you could google how to make it..I google every thing..
and congratulations on your success..
You definately have a love for cooking. Veryyyy clever of you. ;0)
(((hugs)))Pat
Very clever. I am crazy about sweet chile sauce with lime juice, put it on all my salads at the minute.
Post a Comment