I still can't upload any photos on here. We're a long way out here as far as net coverage goes I guess. I managed to get a couple on Facebook.
Phill and the kids went out on the boat for most of the day yesterday. It was too cold for me and I mananged to catch a cold in the pool on Sunday afternoon so I stayed indoors and watched the rest of the mini series and just relaxed. It was made in the 80s but set at the turn of the century around the river port here. Last night we went into Moama to the Thai restaurant for dinner. It was quite crowded for a Monday night and that good sign proved to be spot on, the food was excellent. I don't normally order green chicken curry in a restaurant as I make a fair one myself at home, but I just felt like it last night and it was way better than my own efforts. I'd say they make their own fresh curry paste for their dishes. We had a really nice night, it's been a relaxing holiday all around, so much so that we decided to stay another night and will go home tomorrow now instead of today. They caught three silver perch yesterday, Em got one in the morning and then she caught another one after lunch and so did Phill. They're out there in the kitchen now cooking them.
The kids are mad about fishing and it's so nice to see them enjoying themselves and bonding with their father. I will go out on the boat this afternoon but a whole day is a bit much for me especially in this cool weather. They also managed to catch about ten carp which are horrible pests in the river system here and the kids have been taught that from an early age, so they feel like they've contributed something by getting them out of the river.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)
3 comments:
yay for a good holiday! I love the fishing, my Tim spent some time teaching the kids to fish while we were away in August and it was great to see them learning a skill with their father. How nice they caught something they could eat. My kids only caught little stuff they had to throw back in.
fish for breakfast...sigh*..I don't think so..
Was that "All the rivers run" sounds like it -
Post a Comment