Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday

Phill has just left to drive down to Albury to see Emily.  I got another horrible manipulative email from Emily last night and he was trying to tell me I should reply.  Not going to happen, I refuse to get into a slanging match with her by email (or any other means) and will not dignify her nonsense with a reply.  She's not even supposed to have access to the internet at all but they won't listen to us down there and let her do as she pleases.  He got quite nasty, it's easy to see where she gets it from.  I hid her Ipod and her phone so he wouldn't take them and give them to her.  She has done the wrong thing and there HAS to be consequences.  I'm sick of thinking about it so  won't.  I have two days here to get this house unpacked and running properly and I also want some R&R while I have nobody here to harrass me, Josh and I can just chill. 
We got rid of the old bookcase I was going to put my cookbooks in and I don't really have the room in the kitchen/dining room anyway.  I am thinking of getting rid of most of them and putting what I do keep in the general bookcase.  A lot of them are old, soft covers and are falling apart, mostly the WW ones.  I can find just about any recipe on the internet now.  I got rid of most of my pottery, just doesn't fit in the modern kitchen, I want pretty much everything in the cupboards and no clutter on the benchtops.  I have three bakelite cannisters that belonged to Kate's biological family but they hold no sentimental value to either of us so I'm thinking of having a look at what they are fetching on Ebay and selling them.  Last time I checked they were pulling in good prices.
Yikes just had a scare.  Josh got up while I was making tea but went back to bed.  My bedroom door was ajar and I thought I heard someone in the hallway outside, it sounded like breathing and clothes rustling and my door moved a bit.  I called to Josh but no answer.  I sat here frozen wondering if Phill had left a door unlocked as he tends to do and someone had come in.  I grabbed my phone and waited and called out a couple of times.  My heart was pounding so much, it really sounded like someone was there.  Finally I grabbed a pair of scissors from my drawer and went to investigate.  Nothing.  Walked to the other end of the house and Josh was in bed.  The back door was unlocked so I locked it and checked the rest of the house.  I guess I have to get used to all these new house noises.  Then Max started barking furiously as he only does if someone comes into the yard so I went out and he was running up to the back corner near the orange tree.  It was probably just a cat, although I couldn't see anything.  He's getting old and silly poor thing.
Got chicken breast fillets out for dinner, not sure what I'll do with them.  Must be the gas heating that makes that breathing sound.  Time for the tv to go on I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate those freak out moments when you think someone's in the house!
Glad you're doing so well :-)
Linda J

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Oh yessssssssssssss... I have had those scares and felt like my heart would burst out of my chest! DO NOT like that feeling at all. Also....reading True Crime books all my life has left me overly cautious at night and I have a knife and an illegal homemade blackjack at my bedside out of sight. Watch me get run over by one of those small new Smart Cars and get killed. ;0)
Looks like Emily is pitting you and hubby against each other. sigh!
Take care and be strong Trish. (((hugs)))

CailinMarie said...

ugh - hate it when I get a scare!
Tea sounds good just now...

Middle Child said...

I hate it when you think someone or something is out there to get you...glad it wasn't anything

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)