It can really be a state of mind I've learned. Josh came home from school yesterday to a clean, warm house and a calm and jovial mother. He said I was freaking him out but I could tell he was a lot happier and calmer. I actually had a really nice day, I got the house cleaned from top to bottom, got all the washing done and put away and had dinner well underway. I did Vietnamese Pork Balls in the slow cooker and some teriyaki chicken on skewers for him as he doesn't like the pork. I made my fried rice and an Asian salad (with a plain salad for Josh). The three of us ate at the table, it's usually cluttered with Phill's work bag and his other paraphernalia. Emily had spent her day making a really clever and well designed board game. She had come out while I was watching the news and asked if I wanted to see it. I said "Emily all I want is for you to go to school and until that happens we have nothing to talk about". She went away and I felt awful and I could hear her crying in her room. I have to be strong. At dinner she said she was going to school today, and I said I would like to see the game. I was very impressed with it and while I cleared away the dinner things she and Josh played it for a while (she'd even made paper dice!)
Whether she will go or not is any one's guess. I will wake them as usual at 8am and see where we go from there.
My sister rang yesterday and I told her what was going on and she was such a good sounding board. When I told her that I was not going to let this affect our family anymore she said things could be a lot worse than her refusal to go to school and that she believes Emily will eventually straighten up and sort out her life and her education. She is right, Em could be on the streets on drugs etc. She agreed that our current approach to just get on with our lives is probably the right thing for now.
Phill has an appointment to see one of the houses that we liked today, the agent actually rang him back. This will be the test to see whether they will accept our application given that they are a member of this dodgy real estate site. I suspect this site has been set up by greedy rich landlords. If you want to ring them it costs $5.65 a minute and to have any contact by mail, $14 for a response from them. How do they get away with this? Back when I worked in real estate we did tenancy checks the old fashioned way, by ringing former landlords/agents. Blacklisting, if it even happened, was only for the very worst situations.
I had a good night's sleep last night, Phill has been keeping me awake with his cursed snoring, I actually spent most of the night before last on the lounge and the night before that sitting on the floor of the bathroom in the motel with a blanket around me.
I've managed to keep the fire going but I'm running out of wood, I need to walk down to IGA and get a number off the notice board to get a load delivered. Once it's burning well it warms the whole house. It's so cold and not even Winter yet.
Just watching a broken father on television whose 15 year old son has gone missing in Melbourne. My troubled little girl is safe and warm in her bed. Perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)
4 comments:
we had our problems with our oldest not wanting to go to school, finally grade 10 he quit but we could convince him to go to a program that gave him his high school equivalence. He liked the set up better, small group and a very good Teacher. In the end it all worked out, but i had some days where i didn't know where this or he would end up. I hope your daughter finds her way .
Sisters can be great at listening and giving advice I am glad yours is there for you.
My husband snores too, it drives me crazy, I used to complain about it all the time, then one day a lady said to me," I wish my husband was still around to snore next to me in bed." So now I just pinch his nose and roll him over, (oh I recorded him as well so he could hear himself, and I was laughing so much in the background)
Just like you said - perspective!
perspective - we all need a good dose now and then don't we? I cannot believe the real estate group you are describing! Seems like a scam-
Every time I read one of your posts where you describe what you've cooked I want to become a part of your family. Tell Emily I said she is a lucky girl with an awesome Mom who loves her very much. (And it's not just the food). On second thought never mind.... she doesn't know me from Adam.... but I mean it.
Post a Comment