See that stuff lying in the road? It's water! Puddles!
Scout and I have spent the day on the bed together watching Friends. He loves tv, when he can keep his eyes open. He's growing so fast. Harley has recovered nicely from her operation and seems happy and content. Except for 3am today when she decided she wanted out (she doesn't like using the litter tray) so I put her in the laundry with Max, that'll teach her. There's a litter tray in there as well.
Of course I couldn't get back to sleep so I watched tv and read for a while then got up and put a load in the dishwasher and made a pot of steak and kidney in the slow cooker, for my dinner tonight, and to portion up to freeze, with mashed potatoes and vegies.
It's a long weekend for us, as it's a staff development day tomorrow so the kids don't have to go to school. Em has a good week, she only goes Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday she has no classes and Friday is her birthday. Good thing too, as there is still girl trouble brewing with the bitches at school. Sindy's father rang Phill yesterday to say someone had written something on a park bench about Sindy and she thought it was Emily. I mean come on, don't get involved in kids' squabbles. Emily is her own worst enemy and I refuse to get drawn into this shit again. She will be 17 on Friday, time to learn to manage her own life and relationships. If she drops out of school again, so be it, we've done all we can and it's up to her now.
I wrote all that last night and didn't post it. Another hot day, rain is gone, but may return later today so I'm trying to get washing dry. Going to make chilli tonight, with guacamole and salad. Off to the shops so I can put it in the slow cooker and leave it while I get on with some housework.
I wrote all that last night and didn't post it. Another hot day, rain is gone, but may return later today so I'm trying to get washing dry. Going to make chilli tonight, with guacamole and salad. Off to the shops so I can put it in the slow cooker and leave it while I get on with some housework.
3 comments:
Woo Hoo on your rain.
Boo Hoo on my snow.
LOved reading you and the pics today. (((hugs)))
Raining here too but its just spit compared to where I used to live - I think they were vomited on up there
we need rain...send it our way.
Post a Comment