Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cat Happy!

It is so good to have my Harley Rose home again.   She is really skinny, I didn't realise how much till I ran my hand down her side just now, it's concave.  She doesn't really like anybody touching her and tolerates me more than the others, I think because I've helped her through all her labours and births.  She will duck her head when you go to pat her, and is still hissing at us a bit but I don't care, I love her.  God knows what she went through while she was gone, but she is getting more and more like her old self.  It was nice tonight to give her the offcuts of fresh chicken breast when I made our burgers for dinner and also some for Max as I always used to. 
The two little kittens are cute, they play together now, rolling around the floor, and Voilet (Harley's baby) gives Scout a run for his money, she is so rough.  I think Harley is glad to be left alone a bit.  I'll try to get a video of the babies, they're both asleep now, Vi at her Mum's nipple and Scout on the lounge beside me.  OMG am I turning into a crazy cat lady?
So tommorow is the last day of 2012 and it hasn't been a bad year,  except for my meltdown in the middle of it when I really believed I was losing my marbles.  Thankfully I was able to pull myself out of that one.  We are going to have party food throughout the night tomorrow, puff pastry mini pizzas, Russian eggs (my version), maybe some rice paper seafood rolls.  We still have cheese, pate and smoked salmon leftover from Christmas.  I might do my damper dip as a last hurrah before we get back into our healthy eating in the New Year.  Phill isn't working so we will sit out by the pool and just enjoy being together. 

3 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Cozy is where it's at and you sound mighty C O Z Y!
I'm so happy for you Trish.

Wish I lived closer so I could take that baby kitty. Know that you will find her a loving home though.

Hope that 2013 finds you with your feet never hitting the ground...just flying high in spirit. (((hugs)))Pat

yellowdoggranny said...

glad she is home..give her lots of love..

Middle Child said...

Hey we have made it through another year! Pretty amazing - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and hopefully this year will be a good one for your family and for mine...and all over a good year -

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)