Friday, March 2, 2012

Cosy Friday Night

I'm snuggled up in bed, with a cup of hot milk and honey and some Black Forest Brownies.
The rain has eased but so has the temperature and it's quite cool, warm pj weather.  I had to go and find a couple of pairs for Josh out of the Winter clothes bags in the shed.
I made a Beef Goulash recipe in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner.  I photographed the cooking but forgot to take a shot of the finished dish.  It's a very old, very simple recipe, but perfect for WW, as the only points to count are the meat, potato, and small amounts of flour and oil.
I also made an old WW dessert recipe, the above mentioned brownies.  I worked them out to be 3 points each, a bit different to the old one and a half points that they were under the old system, but a healthier dessert option I guess, even though they have a fair bit of sugar in them.  They're made with black cherry low fat yoghurt.  I didn't document the cooking as I wasn't sure I wanted to add them to the recipe blog, but they turned out so well, especially in the fan forced oven that I will make them again and put them up there.  The kids and Phill had theirs with low fat custard and I had mine with the leftover yoghurt and some fresh blueberries.  And I used wholemeal flour which adds a bit of body, and a bit more fibre.  We discussed making them with an artificial sweetener like Splenda, or even Stevia but I'm not still sure about using that stuff.
It's blowing a gale outside and I'm so glad I'm warm and dry in here, just about to watch a crappy movie and will probably be asleep in five minutes.  Life is good.

3 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Life...is always good! Beats THE Alternative... all to Hell and back. ;0)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
THX for all your support Trish.
(((hugs)))Pat

yellowdoggranny said...

i love brownies..and fudge..and chocolate chip cookies, and ..well, you get it

Natalie said...

Oh it sounds so goood! I don't like the after taste of fake sugars! OK I fixed (sorta)the problem with getting into the forum so go register again then go to your email click on the confirmation and then you can sign in! Ya We have had bad weather today too a town 20 miles from ours had a tornado and wiped out half the town!

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)