Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day Two, Just a Quickie

I received a lovely points calculator in the mail yesterday from my dear blogger friend in the US.  Thank you again!
So I'm slowly learning my way around the new points system and while it is taking a bit of getting used to, I can see the merit in counting fibre and carbs.  Some of my old favourites have gone up, some down.
I had a good day yesterday, probably didn't calculate my points accurately but I wouldn't have gone over by much and only because the portion of Atlantic salmon I had for dinner was probably larger than the average size.  I need to update my food blog later today.
I slept well thanks to a new way with ear plugs and because I bought the Buzz Saw some more Breathe Right strips. 
I am detoxing with the juice of two lemons each morning for a while till my body gets rid of all the crap I've been ingesting.
Plenty of fruit and veg and Josh is along for the ride.  He had a good dinner of salmon and salad and had a snack of low fat yoghurt and later some sorbet with fruit for dessert.  Emily and Phill are the bugbears, they are not committed at all, and actually try to sabotage, but that's okay, Josh and I will be fit and healthy in no time and they'll wish they'd got on board with us.
I have to drive Phill to Junee at lunchtime, and I found a WW pork curry type recipe which I'll put in the slow cooker before I leave.  It's out of an old book so will be hard to point right now. 
I know I will have to join again and start going to meetings as that is what worked for me before and it makes sense to join locally so that will be next Monday night.
In any case I'm on the right track.
New High School rang yesterday to say the local school was two days late in filing the report so we missed out on the panel.  Barstard.  I reckon he did it deliberately, he's had months to get it done.  They are going to act as if its been approved and get the paperwork done asap so she can start work.  Well the universities have only just gone back yesterday so if they can get a year of work done so can Emily.
My mother rang to tell me about a nurse who comes to help her each week.  Turns out she was an old school chum from both primary and high school when we lived in Sydney.  Small world or what?  Mum is now living down on the south coast and so is my old friend.
Okay so much for a quickie, I'm off for a shower.

4 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

I myself....joined W.W. today. First meeting is tomorrow
( Tuesday ) at 6p.m. I'm EXCITED!
Let's GO GIRL! ;0)
(((hugs)))Pat

CailinMarie said...

Hey there, have not been around the blogs much lately. Too much going on in the house and I can't keep up! But you are sweet to keep checking on me when I do post something. Tons of people do weight watchers here and they all seem to be successful with it. I just can't get to meetings. Good luck with it!

yellowdoggranny said...

apple cider vinegar is good to drink too..better for you than lemon juice

Natalie said...

I think your pefectly wonderful and I'm so glad you going to post you ww recipes on your blog cause I'm going to steal them and make them for my family! Not because I need to lose anymore weight but I do need to start eating and eat healthy. I'm so glad I have you to help. I'm starting to scare myself and I've been thinking how to get my life under contol. I wish I lived closer to you, need someone to tell me when I've gone off the deep end.

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)