Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a Day!

Woken by screams and moans early this morning.  Josh was a bit off colour yesterday and didn't eat much and had some stomach pain last night for which I gave him some Nurofen and a wheat pillow.  This morning it was much, much worse and he was writhing in agony poor thing.  I gave him more Nurofen and heated up the pillow again but to no avail.  I ended up taking him to the hospital.  Country hospitals don't have casualty as such, we just went right up to the ward and spoke to the NUM who put us in the "childrens ward" one room with two beds just off reception.  Josh had another bad attack while we waited.  Nothing is worse than seeing your child in pain and I felt so helpless.  We were lucky though, we got there at 8 and the doctor was just making his rounds and came and saw us and had a look at Josh and said it was probably a bowel problem and gave us some fizzy stuff which he took when we came home and felt instantly better and hasn't had an attack since.  He finally went to the loo just before dinner and said it was soft but normal.  I think it's some sort of bug as it seemed identical to what I went through last week.  The doctor left with us so we were lucky we got there when we did or we would have had to wait for the Sunday surgery to open later in the morning.  I love our little hospital they were so sweet to Josh.  Sad though, that the most modern thing there was the snack machine.  Why doesn't the government spend more on regional hospitals?  It's such an old building and we could really do with a new one, like Junee has (even though it's a smaller town).  Amazing what a methadone clinic in a town can get them.  And a gaol.
Anyway he seemed fine so we decided to go up to Young to see if we could get Emily a desk.  She saw one she liked yesterday in Wagga but there was no way I could have got it down to the car in that shopping centre.  Big W at Young stands alone and has a big car park so we got it there and a chair and a nifty little lamp that has a little console on the bottom for pens and bits and pieces.
We had to put it together ourselves, but she's really good at that sort of thing, and even though it was so bloody hot we got it done.  She had even cleaned her room.  She had to move the bed against the wall to fit it in but it looks really good in there.  We want to get a little matching book stand and Josh needs a desk and a chair as well and since we found he doesn't start school till Tuesday now, we may go into Wagga and see if we can get them.  She's so keen to start school and she said she feels confident and happy at the prospect.  I am more excited about it too now, we agreed that she should do her school work in her room at her desk for the most part, and that way I can get on with my work in the house. 
So Josh knows now that he really needs to improve his diet and eat more fruit and vegies.  I bought some bananas, watermelon and apples today, all fruit he likes.  He had a banana and I'll get him to have something else before he goes to bed.  I made them nachos with a healthy meat sauce laced with broccoli and cauli. 
I'm so glad he's okay, I was so scared this morning that he really had something wrong with him.  The doctor noticed how nasal Josh's voice was and asked about it.  I told him Josh has no sense of smell and we'd been to the doctor but they just gave him some nasal spray which he used for a while but that was it.  He suggested getting a referral to an ENT specialist, and I will definitely do that.  He wasn't one of our doctors so I'm not sure how they roster doctors on at the hospital or where he came from but he was really nice and was so good with Josh.  Josh kept saying how much he appreciated his good health after the pain went away, and we talked about how awful it would be to be in chronic pain all the time from an illness.
Praying for a storm here, we need the rain.  It clouds over and looks threatening but nothing happens.  A good old thunderstorm would clear the dust and the humidity away I reckon.

3 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Your Josh is of the same temperment( a Love Bug) that our Logan is I feel like a member of the family where he is concerned. Relieved to hear this has passed. Give him an extra (((hugs)))from me.
I so like the way Em's room looks. Lots of study area and room to do her paperwork and the likes.
This house that you rent has soooooo much more to offer than mine does.Floor space, grounds and VIEW.
You have put so much of yourself into it to make it You and Your Family's "HOME.":0)

THX so much for your thoughts and prayers for Logan.

So....where are you taking me next weekend? ;0) OOPSIE, make it the weekend after. I'll be sitting on my ass in front of the TV watching the Patriots Football Game on Superbowl Sunday.
Goooooooooooooooo Patriots!
(((hugs)))Pat

Natalie said...

I am so glad Josh is OK! Give him a big hug! It's the worst seeing your baby in pain!

yellowdoggranny said...

toss in a couple of prunes..that will help too.

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)