The last of the kittens went yesterday. On Tuesday a lady rang and asked if we could bring the kittens down to IGA as she didn't have a car! So off Phill and Em went and she took Bad Bad Leroy Brown. Yesterday her sister rang and asked the same thing so off they went again and little Jackie found herself a home. A woman with a sweet little girl came and took Raphael. All seemed really nice and caring and I'm sure the three babies have found good and loving homes. Nothing like home delivered kitties!
So we were able to put up our Christmas tree. The kids did such a good job last year that I told them it was their job again. Em got right into it, Josh lost interest half way through. At one point Emily and I were sitting on the floor trying to untangle the lights and Harley the cat came and sat right in the middle of it all and then starting uncharacteristically playing with the cords. I think she's feeling lost and bewildered about her missing kittens, poor thing. We're giving her a lot of extra attention and treats. She even has her own Christmas placemat.
I still miss Kate every Christmas. This year she'll be on her own, or so she says, she gets invites but told me she always feels so out of place at other people's family gatherings. She can't come home as obviously Christmas is the busiest time for retail and nobody gets any time off. I got her a little surprise to go with her gold necklace and I'm going to fill up a stocking with treats like I used to when she was home, and send it all over to her. I know it's her choice to live over there but she's still my baby girl and I hate to think of her alone at Christmas, at least now she'll have something to open on Christmas morning.
Phill is surprisingly jolly about the festive season this year which isn't like him. I had to take him to Junee early this morning and just after I got back he rang to tell me he'd bought a train for under the tree. We had one years ago but a little boy who was visiting one year stepped on it and broke it.
The kids, having dressed down for the occasion (yes Josh is wearing a pj top) pulled the giant cracker that we bought as a prop for the Christmas card photos. It actually snapped and inside were party things, hats and whistles etc.
Emily is still suffering from her sunburn poor thing, we're just hoping it doesn't scar.
Harley wants to be a Christmas present!
4 comments:
I feel so sorry for your cat, resorting to playing with the lights in lieu of her babies...
Love the personalised baubles. And I would also love one of those trains around the bottom of tree. Last year my husband went strange at Christmas too, only he bought a heap of solar powered fairy lights.
I'm going to miss...my babies. ;0)
Glad they found good homes.
You have also found the spirit of Christmas :0) Love your name balls. Someone has beautiful penmanship.
Sunburns and frostbite ....all in December. ;0)
(((hugs)))Pat
love the photo of Em all partyfied! So fun. Sorry about the sunburn. Your tree is pretty and I'm glad that all of Harley's kittens are off to good homes. Happy Christmas!
Such a happy post...I know how you feel about Katy - luckily I will be with both girls this Christmas... I got your beautiful card today. Thank you so much...one will get to you but don't have access to any photos much now all is in the removalists storage. Its very strange living like this but soon it will be all done...16t Jan!
Post a Comment