Not sure what sort of blossoms these are, they remind me of the peach blossom trees we had when I was a child but they were on trees not shrubs.
I was so tired yesterday but soldiered on, Phill put the car in to have some work done so we had to walk to the school to pick up the kids at lunchtime, it's about a half hour walk and I was so hot by the time we got up there. We walked down and bought them a milkshake and a cookie and then did some shopping and got a cab home. In between all this Phill and I finished unpacking the boxes in the shed (it's only been seven weeks or so) and cleaning it out. We threw out another trailer load of crap on top we of what we threw out when we moved. The Family Room is pretty much done now all we need is a sofa in there and an occasional table (not sure what it's going to be for the other times, I'm not a doctor).
The outside area now looks better without all the junk, but I really want a new table setting. It's going to be lovely, especially in Spring, sitting out there. I can see myself doing my scrapbooking and my UA3 in the filtered sunshine.
I had all intentions of making panko chicken and fried rice but was just too tired so I got Phill to pick up pizza when he went and got the car.
Another half day for Em today as she sees her therapist at noon. I am pleased with how she is going at the moment, she seems to have resigned herself to the fact that she has to go to school. I just wish I could get her to finish her assignments on time, but baby steps I guess. At least now, I am totally present, both mentally and physically, and while I felt I was before, I really wasn't. I too have to learn to face things head on, and not run, or ignore, or deny or distract myself. If I've learned one thing in my middle age, it's that we never stop learning, about life in general, and about ourselves. I've made so many mistakes, but too late to change all that, all I can do is keep on trying, and learning and doing better. Now my brain feels clearer, I am feeling a deep need to learn new stuff for some reason. It's like my natural curiosity was damped down by my own destructive behaviour and thinking and now it's re-emerging and I like it.
I weighed myself yesterday and then got the others to do the same and we wrote it on the calendar. Emily, of course, thinks she is fat but her weight seems spot on to me, I'm going to get all our heights and see where we are with our BMI, and we're going to do a mini fitness challenge, with the emphasis on fun and healthy eating as we head into Spring. I found my little weights in the shed and am going to show Josh how to use them, I love working out with my weights it always made me feel really good. I noticed a bush walking track just out of town so I thought I'd take the kids up there this afternoon for a change from walking around the streets.
So we are loving this warmer weather but as usually happens each year, I daresay we'll have another cold/wet snap before the weather starts to warm up for real. I noticed a little shrub by the side fence has broken out in a cluster of white blossoms while all around it is barren and brown. I love a new garden and all the surprises that come up in the Spring.
3 comments:
You must have the warm weather that just passed me by. Such a great taste of what is to come. Great for the spirit. You sound like you are in a really good head space at the moment.
I am also discovering new things in our garden like daffodils and iris, which is a lovely surprise. The rain is here now so you will be getting it in a couple of days, there is nothing like a bit of variety to spice up your life.
Glad that the worst of the angst and drama is behind you :-)
Linda J
p.s. I think it's Chaenomeles or a flowering quince
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1971616.htm
New gardens are alwyas fun. Your white flowers look cute.
I'm glad that things are looking better for you.
sally-anne
Post a Comment