Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Friday, It's Friday

Had that awful Rebecca Black song in my head, I swear it's like watching a road accident, you don't want to look but you can't help yourself.  The send up of it is hilarious though.  Actually the original song is pretty hilarious too, it went viral on YouTube for being so bad. 
Didn't stop today, got the usual stuff done, gave the bathroom a clean and put our new black toilet seat on the loo YEAH!  I always like to put a new seat on when we move into a house, and the one that was here was damaged anyway.
I started my UA3 course today, Practical Psychology for Relationships, and I did the first two units.  Very easy and straightforward so far, but with lots of further reading encouraged.  I really enjoyed it and it was good sitting outside on my own in the quiet and being engrossed in something I was interested in.  I am doing the self led course for now but intend on enrolling in the tutor led course when it starts.
I took some photos of the kittens and made a couple of posters.  I couldn't get a group shot of course as they wouldn't stay still together long enough.
Tom mid meow.
Lucy, the only girl, a little calico.
Tony (he was born when we were watching the Tony Awards re-run)
Neville.
Freddie Mercury.
Tom again, just 'cause he's cute.
We had advised the principal that Spittin' Kim had both Em's school laptop (which Emily had lent her, silly girl), and also Josh's phone, which Emily had stolen from home and either given to Kim or had it stolen by Kim (I believe it was the former, before their friendship went sour).  Kim was blatantly using the phone at school but wouldn't give it back to Emily.  Mr M must have spoken to SK, I didn't really expect him to and today she got both back.  Of course we had bought Josh a new, identical phone but we were glad to get the other one back.  So Phill has taken the old one which is better than his and I decided to buy myself a new phone as well today, the same one as Emily's new one.  It's an Android and has a touch screen and lots of different features which I'm still getting used to.  I loved my old one, a pink flip phone which suits me as I keep it in the side pocket of my handbag when I'm out, but it has a crack in the side of it and won't last much longer.
I had a phone call out of the blue from Josh's year advisor yesterday to tell me how well Josh is doing in his subjects at school.  I was a bit surprised and almost quipped "oh so you CAN make outgoing calls from the school".  So many times I was promised a call back which never came during all the drama with Emily when I was desperate for help to get her to go to school.  Anyway it was a nice surprise and I made a fuss of  Josh when he got home, his confidence is growing all the time.
So, for now, we have peace and normality in our lives, but it hasn't just happened, we've all worked at it, all of us and I think each one of us appreciates it more than we even express to each other.
I had another bad night last night due to Phill's snoring.  I was relieved that he didn't head toward the bottle shop when we got our shopping this afternoon (he was sleeping on the couch if he had).  I went to the chemist and bought some ear plugs, somehow the shop girl, after taking a look at my husband, just knew why I needed them.  Hope they work!  Just because I don't drink now doesn't mean he can't, it's his business, but when it affects my sleep then it's not on. 
Oh, and on a totally freaky note, I had a choice to either have no car for an extended period or to attempt to drive to Junee last night to pick up Phill from work.  I chose the latter, and to my amazement, and that of the kids who insisted on coming with me, I could see perfectly well, after suffering from night blindness for many years.  I remember coming home from Sydney after my brother was murdered and it got dark earlier than I had thought it would and I seriously could not see to drive and Kate and I had to stay the night in a motel in Harden, only a relatively short drive from home, which was Junee at the time, and just recently when Kate was visiting and we lingered in Young too long one afternoon, the hair raising drive home when I was sure I was going to kill us all.  I have no idea what has changed but I drove as confidently last night as I do during the daylight hours.  Could it be the liquid fish oil I've been taking for my arthritis?  Could the alcohol have been affecting my eyesight?  I don't care, it's a great feeling to know I can get in the car anytime day or night and get where I need to go safely.  It's taken me about two hours to write this, I'm going to plug my ears and try to get some sleep.

What I learned this Week
*That teenage drama is a bit like fog.  It appears to be scary and all encompassing but after a while, no matter what you do, it lifts and the sun shines again and you wonder what all the fuss was about.
*That kitten pee does not a PS2 break.
*That I have had more support throughout this whole ordeal from my fellow bloggers than I have from the people I know in so called "real life". 
*That my brain has NOT turned to mush after all.





2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

those kittens are too adorable :)
glad everything else has calmed down a little

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

YOU KNOW ME AND ANIMALS.....;0)
THE KITTENS ARE PRECIOUS.
HOPE YOU FIND "FOREVER HOMES " FOR ALL OF THEM.

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)