Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday - We Made It!

I got little sleep again last night.  Phill had an early start and went to bed before me and went I went in was sprawled out on his back snoring loudly.  I rolled him over but he kept on so I turned on the light and found a nose strip in his drawer and unwrapped it and half awake he put it on his nose.  It fell off and he said "It won't stick I have cream on my face", threw it on the floor and went back to sleep.  I was livid.  The nose strips work and he knew I had had little sleep the past two nights.  I took my pillow, turned on the heating and went to sleep on the lounge.  Then I thought, "why should I sleep out here?"  So I went back to bed and every time he started snoring I kicked him.  I figured, if I was going to get no sleep so would he.  I was glad when he got out of bed at 3am and got some good hours after that.  But at 8am I was still tired and debated on letting the kids stay home after their moaning about how they hate Fridays and Em's problems last night with the texting drama.  But then I came to my senses, this kind of thinking is partly what got us into this situation in the first place.  I got up and woke Emily who got up without too much protest (her father had threatened that if she didn't go to school he would take away her phone and she knew by his tone he meant it).  Josh as usual was already dressed and playing in his room.  I cooked them steak and eggs and toast, three days in a row they've had a hot breakfast and we got a taxi and got to school on time.  There had been a huge frost apparently, the cab driver pointed to the thermometer thingy and it said it was minus two outside.  I hadn't really been outside except to give Max his breakfast.  I walked from school down to the shops, it was cold but a beautiful clear sunny morning and I enjoyed the walk and was glad I hadn't got the taxi to take me.  I got myself a new pair of jeans, size 16 skinny again but it didn't say "stretch" on the label but they feel really nice on, have some diamante details on the bum and the front pockets.  I got a cheap hoodie too.  Went to the chemist for something to take for my poor arthritic thumb joints and got a taxi home again. 
Yesterday in the supermarket I came across ex neighbour Tiny Little Greasy woman sweeping up something that had been spilled in one of the aisles.  I am not a vindictive or nasty person at all, but this woman is just awful.  She saw me coming and kind of moved to one side so I couldn't get past.  I just pushed my trolley around her and walked right through her sweepings with my big boots on scattering it everywhere.  And it felt good.  What a bitch.  We never did anything to them, and their little yappy dog barked incessantly every day, and we couldn't open the kids' windows  for the cigarette smoke from their front porch where they chain smoked not wanting the smoke to be in THEIR house.  Glad we're away from them.
The kittens are all but weaned and all but one is toilet trained.  One of them just can't get the hang of it and today I'd had enough when I found kitten poo on Josh's bean bag and a great trail of it across the carpet.  I bundled them up and took them down to the big shed.  I made them up a little kitten paradise, with an old feather doona, their nest with one of the kids' old lambys, a little house they love sleeping in, another smaller nest with their toys, and their litter trays and toys and food and water.  She shed has skylights and it was actually warmer than the house.  They loved it, and lolled around and played.  We just can't have them wrecking this place.  I've decided that Harley and Noah will go in there at night also, to keep them safe and to stop them waking the house in the middle of the night as they do if they stay inside.  Also this way we can keep the kittens for an extra week and hopefully get Neville litter trained.  If we can't I don't know what we'll do, I couldn't in all good conscience give him away knowing he wasn't trained. 
Phill and the kids had objected to them going into the shed but when they saw how nice it was down there they agreed it was better for everyone.  When I was a child no animals lived indoors.  They are animals.  We don't have snow here in the Winter and Max has survived for eleven years sleeping in sheds and in kennels on sheltered verandahs with hot water bottles and now a heating pad.  I had to give him a hot water bottle last night on top of the pad as I felt he just wasn't warm enough.  I filled it twice before I went to bed and he loved it and was cosy and warm.
We're off down to Victoria for the weekend tomorrow.  We're staying at a different caravan park in a spa cabin and hopefully it will be better than the other place. 
So we got to Friday and although it wasn't the best week, it's the best one we've had for quite a while.

1 comment:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Dear daughter Trish.... cats and dogs are domesticated animals
( Pets ) unlike horses and cows, etc.
From what you have said....I'm sure you keep them fed, warm and with a roof over their head though. :0)
Alot of people were raised with no animals being allowed inside and I completely understand where you are coming from. It's the ones that don't provide with a warm place and food I get upset about.
Believe YOU ME ...I get pissed at my animals pooping and peeing on my floors. I'm a damned fool to put up with it. It's all in how we were raised.

Glad to hear you had a better week. Many more brighter days wished for you Trish.

MINUS weather sounds mighty dang COLD to me. brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Good weather for killing off the germs like it does here in the winter though.

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)