She has been pretty good since she got home but it's only night two. She tried it on last night and I'm not ashamed to say I used the threat of her AVO. As usual I was on my own with her. She backed down and got up this morning quite cheerful and has been good and helpful and sweet all day.
Today was a good one, I got a fair bit done in the house, and the kids and I just had a lazy, happy day not thinking of, or speaking of what is ahead of us. Tomorrow we make appointments with a GP for all four of us, and get the ball rolling with counselling, support and medical help.
My oldest Alison and her husband and gorgeous baby Harvey are coming to visit on Wednesday, even though we are headed for Sydney on Friday for the family get together. I can't wait to see them and to show off our lovely new house (which is why Ali really wants to come down heh heh).
I can't decide where to stay in Sydney. I have to book something soon, it's school holidays. It will be just me and the two kids but it will be a fun road trip and great to see my family. Can't wait to see all the babies, they just grow so fast. Just rang my sister for advice on hotels but looks like I'm just going to have to pick one and book it.
The bloody kittens are growing so fast and already trying to figure out ways of getting out of the nest. They are beyond cute and I know that once again we won't have any trouble finding homes for them when the time comes.
I am acutely aware of my stance re Emily. We have had a couple of clashes and I have been calm but firm with her and so far it's working. So much has to change and I have had to really face up to some things that I was doing that were contributing to the whole thing. It's not easy, but I feel like it's all happened at the right time and for the right reasons. Phill, as well, has really stepped up. I thought it was a bit of a front but he has kept it up. I went in to make up Em's bed last night and he had already done it, complete with Rosie bear on her pillows, bless him.
It's going to be a harrowing few months or so while we get this mess sorted out, but I think we're up to the task. I can't bury my head any longer, it's time to face up to things and to take action, and it feels good to know I can do it.
We drove past the old house yesterday and CL and her CH (Crazy Husband) were there madly cutting branches off trees etc and I just wanted to get away from there. What a horrible house with extremely bad vibes. *shudder*
Some photos from our weekend at the weir.
Watching Transformers 3 on the laptop in MY bed. Um TF3? Don't ask...
Look what we found on our deck in the morning! Cute. NOT, Phill made the mistake of feeding it some bread and it charged us and tried to get into the cabin.
Little barstard.
We had such fun and we can't wait till Summer so we don't have to wear so much freaking clothing!
PS The spray jackets have hoods, didn't realise till I rolled them up to put them back into their swags. duh.
2 comments:
It wasn't my blog...was it :0( ?
If she wrote me at yahoo.com, I can assume it was. :0(
Looks like a great time was had and things are looking as BRIGHT as you and Emily's life jackets.
:0)
You wouldn't catch me out on that water in the COLD. LOL brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Is that a peacock that i spy? What a noisy racket they make too !
(((hugs from me to you m/f)))
peacocks are mean little bastids..be careful
Post a Comment