We had a tree fall down in some high winds up by the exercise yard. Phill chopped it up with his chainsaw and it's been sitting there for a couple of months and was an eyesore to say the least. I walked out to the kitchen to see a big fire burning down there, he's decided to burn them off. If anyone else was doing this I wouldn't be worried but my husband has a sorry history with setting fire to things.
He once knocked the fondue set over and set fire to the dining table and tablecloth. Another time I went out and for reasons only known to himself he put the fondue pot on the stove with the oil in it. He then went to vacuum in the other end of the house. When I walked in the door, Josh, who was about three at the time looked terrified and couldn't even speak, he just pointed to the kitchen. The whole stove was alight, it sat in an alcove where the old wood stove used to be. Phill carried on merrily vacuuming oblivious to the potential disaster. In my panic I could not remember what you put on an oil fire on an electric stove. I threw flour on it which of course made it flare up even more. In the end I just put water on it and managed to put it out. I was shaking and had to comfort poor little Josh who was traumatised. Phill continued his housework. Josh had gone in and tried to tell his father but couldn't make him hear or get his attention. I got rid of the fondue set.
One night in Western Australia he put a cardboard (??) box outside with cinders from the fire in it. The next morning I went out the back and a cane stand I had just outside the door was burned to ashes and the cladding on the house was burnt as was the concrete where the box had stood. If it hadn't rained during the night the house would surely have caught fire. I got him a metal bucket.
Another time in WA he was burning off in the backyard and some embers went over the fence and set fire to the lane way behind our house. The neighbours were not amused, neither were the bush fire brigade who had to come put it out.
He put the plastic cutlery tray from the dishwasher on the stove once in Sydney then turned it on. I had to go and buy a new one, do you know how expensive parts are for those things?
So you can imagine my nervousness. I'm expecting to hear sirens anytime soon.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)
6 comments:
LOL! He looks pretty right there. We made a fire last week too! Palm branches were the worst they flare up quickly! Zak as you can imagine, had a ball of a time playing with fire!
If Phill's history with fires wasn't so sad, this would be FUNNY!Sad to say....I'm chuckling though. :0)
Shame on me. LOL
Karisma, Zac and Phill at a bonfire that would be scary.
And Pat it was MEANT to be funny, how could we not laugh at PyroPhill?
Hide the matches and lighters and get that man a hose!
oh I'm sorry but I found this so amusing! It is the way you wrote it, I'm giggling. I hope it all worked out alright!
I should send you my story about Don which i called "the Firelighter" Phil and he must have the same disease
Post a Comment