I've been such a misery guts lately I thought I'd post tonight that.......drum roll......................I am feeling HAPPY. Last year was a mongrel of a year and I'm not expecting things to change all that dramatically this year, with Emily at least. But how I am dealing with stuff is changing. I am on top of my health, being very diligent about taking my supplements and eating properly etc. Also am not taking any crap from Emily. She stays up all night on the computer, nothing new there for teenagers, then sleeps most of the day and stays in her room for the rest of it then comes out at 6pm when I've almost got dinner out and wants a sandwich. No, I say, dinner is almost ready. She doesn't like what we're having. I do not care. She asks for a slice of dry bread (ever the drama queen) so I throw half a loaf at her. She tells me to go forth and multiply and stalks off to her room. I could care less. I made a perfectly delicious salmon quiche and a lovely tossed salad and if she doesn't want to eat it she certainly isn't going to rat through the pantry looking for something else and making a mess that I will have to clean up. In the end I relented a bit and told her to dish out some salad and open a small can of tuna and mix it in, which she did. She tried the old "you favour Joshua over me" and other chestnuts but I didn't react. I rock. She's still in there pouting. Phill sprayed her room, we can't get rid of these cursed fleas and they like her room best and she sat out here for a while but then decided (without me saying or doing anything) that I didn't want her here so flounced back in there again.
Phill has gone to work till tomorrow night, and I'm glad, but we're getting along a lot better, both of us are making an effort and it's amazing the difference THAT makes. I'm stuck with him and he with me till these kids have finished school. Whether we stay together after that is anyone's guess. We've never, ever had time without kids, Kate was 3 when we met. I do love him (thank Goddess) and while he can be sooo annoying so I am sure, can I be. I don't take his shit any more. When he starts, I abruptly get up and leave the room. He is getting the message. Or not, I don't know because I don't stay around long enough to find out.
I'm back on Facebook. I made a new account, then found I could get onto my old account which won't let me change my email to my new address. I just want to keep an eye on Emily, and what she's saying, especially since she has people as friends who are important to me. But today I caught up with some people and their news which was fun. Didn't talk to anyone, just read stuff. If anyone wants to add me I'm Tricia Percy (if you didn't already know that).
Yep, I'm a happy girl tonight, and I get the bed all to myself as well!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)
2 comments:
Teenager....been there, done that and glad i survived it. Most times they do grow up to be normal decent human beings, hang in there ♥
as my Daddy said to me once..now I know why some animals eat their young.
Post a Comment