While we were away I had a dream about Sarah. For those who don't know, Sarah is our daughter who died from SIDS at age four and a half months, back in 1994. I've only dreamed of her twice, maybe three times, since she died. I do believe when we dream of our dead loved ones they come to us in a visit so just to dream about my girl was wonderful. The circumstances in the dream were bizarre to say the least. I dreamt that Phill and I dug her up but she was alive, and plump and warm and smiling, just as she was in life. The digging up of the grave (thankfully) wasn't played out in my dream, it was just a given between us that we'd done it. We were overjoyed to have her back, and I could really feel her in my arms, it was so vivid, her beautiful little face so clear to me as she smiled at us, her bright blue eyes dancing as they always did when she saw us. Our dilemma (in the dream) was how to explain her to people without them knowing we had dug her up. Digging up graves is frowned upon in polite society I believe. Something half woke me and when I fell back into sleep she wasn't in our arms anymore but Sharon from Young and Restless was there and we were trying to prove Sarah was alive by showing her a piece of the dress she was wearing (we could have just showed her the baby duh). It wasn't what she was wearing when she was buried, but similar to a dress she did have, that Emily later wore. Trust me to take a perfectly lovely dream (if you leave out the digging up part) and turn it into a bloody soap opera. So me. All the weirdness aside, it was just so incredibly comforting to hold my child again. I don't know why she came to me that night, or what it means, if she's trying to give me a message or for some reason I was more open to receiving her visit that night but I wish it would happen more often. My brother Chris was in the dream somewhere as well (he too is no longer with us) and then dead animals started to come to life in the boot of the car and it just got silly in the end.
Last night I had a vivid dream about Matthew, my Katy's "sperm donor" who wanted nothing to do with us and has never seen Kate. I have no idea if he is dead or alive and I don't know why I'd dream about him after all these years. That dream turned weird too and involved some sort of model photo shoot.
When I dream of my brother, he is always helping me in some way. Chris was like that, he helped me out many times, like big brothers do. I have dreamt of my father too over the years, but not very often.
Emily says she has had many dreams about Sarah which makes sense. I can imagine Sarah wanting to help and support her little sister as she goes through these difficult teenage years.
I was woken from the Matthew dream by the bloody cat trying to get in the front door by banging on the screen, little mongrel of a thing. I went out and
It's been raining all night which is great for us, hope it's not flooding in any more areas down south though.
Phill's niece is decidedly odd. The last two times I've seen her she has offerred me sedatives (???) and this last time I swear she was suggesting some sort of...............oh well never mind.
I took her little girl down to the water while the family chatted in our cabin, and she is such a darling little thing, I had her in my arms in the water and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She doesn't know me very well and looked at me in surprise then said to Emily "she kissed me!" Emily, without missing a beat just looked at Ashka and said by way of explanation "she's a lesbian". EMILY! You can't say things like that! But she did, and she does and I can't help laughing at the crazy things she says. And knowing Ashka's mother, little Ashka has heard a lot worse than that! After that every time I did something and Ashka would comment, Emily would say something like "Yes lesbians are known for swimming far out in the dam" .
I just made myself a ham and cheese omelette for brekky. I haven't made one in years. I used real butter too. Someone call the fat police, I don't care. I got a little piece of pork to roast for dinner tonight, first roast in our new oven.
3 comments:
I so loved hearing about your dreams and as I recently had one myself about my dead father, I can relate.
What a euphoria I felt when I woke and poor dad wasn't my favorite departed next of kin.
Can only imagine how much more your HIGH was seeing and holding your Sarah again.
Wishing us both more dreams of our loved ones that make the beginning of our day so intensely happy.
The silly stuff thrown in that makes no sense to us must be our wild imaginations.
(((hugs)))
OH WHAT DO YOU DO WITH EMILY!?! What a funny thing to say!!!
I should think the dreams would be such a gift. I too believe when we dream of those who are dead that they are visiting us and sometimes talking to us. I cannot imagine loosing a baby to death but I should think it would be lovely to wake up feeling that I'd held her again.
Wash her mouth out with soap i say - little devil!!! Mine used to do that sort of stuff - like runnout the front of the house when i was after them and shout out so the neighbours could hear "Child abuse"
I have these dreams - not often but about my mum and dad and about Don - I am so pleased you were able to hold your darling baby - she would be with you all in spirit as well as being free as a bird.
Post a Comment