The weeks are flying by, last week of term next week. And I got wonderful news yesterday that my oldest daughter Alison, and her husband and their gorgeous boy are coming down for a visit during the holidays. I heard Harvey talk last night, he's 8 months old now. All he says is "ba" but in all sorts of different intonations, and I heard him giggle. I can't wait to see them.
Emily had a great day again yesterday.
Me and Em in Julie's garage. Isn't she getting tall?
This is the view from the rise on the road out of Julie's property to the main road. Yes, yes I do have a wire coathanger for an aerial on my car.
Looking back at the bumpy dirt road that leads to Julie's property. It held up well even during the wet weather of the past couple of weeks. We have to open and close gates to keep the cows contained.
Well yesterday was an historical day for our country but as my daughter said, it could have happened in better circumstances and handled better. The polls are confirming what I said yesterday, the people are saying they still won't vote Labour in the next election. Time will tell.
Time to get up and start my day.
Later.....................This is what we're having for dinner provided I can get salmon tails when I go to the supermarket. I will make my Asian salad and Em and I will have rice noodles and Josh can have chips. I try to serve fish at least once a week although I know I should do it more.
Not quite 10am and I have a load of washing almost done and a load of dishes also. I seem to have more energy lately, although I'm ready for bed by 8.30 at night. Got in and tidied and emptied waste baskets, wrote my shopping list and when I finish my coffee I'm off to the shops. I have a house inspection on Monday so I'll need to get the house looking presentable over the weekend. Also want to work some more on my book, and get some crocheting done as well as sorting out my scrapbooking stuff.
I am going to make the slow cooker pork balls tomorrow, the kids have been asking for them. I took the book back to the library before copying out the recipe and now I can't find it there, it must be out. But I figured out how to make them from my blog entry, well pretty much anyway. I've been like a stalker checking out the cooking section at the library every couple of days. I have to take some books back so I might check again.
Okay I'm off. Again.
And later still...........Well I got the salmon tails, just the right size too. Yesterday for some reason Em and Julie got talking food (Em gets it from her mother) and Emily mentioned an avocado halved and filled with caviar. Emily adores caviar so it caught her attention. Then I mentioned that old dinner party entree, remember? Half an avo, filled with prawns, small ones, with cocktail sauce over it. She said yes Julie mentioned that too. So today I thought I'd surprise them and got some little cocktail prawns and two very nice looking avocadoes. I'll make the sauce myself as they love the homemade one. Josh probably won't eat the avocado but who knows? If not he can have it over iceberg lettuce like the old prawn cocktail. I had trouble finding a recipe online, but in the end it's pretty simple anyway.
I was sitting on the lounge and suddenly a little grey and white bundle crawled up beside me and snuggled into my arm and went to sleep. Soon I had a ginger and white and a tabby bundle who thought it looked pretty cosy and joined us, so I had three fat little kittens leaning on me. In the end I had to get up but later Thug joined them and they've been there ever since the little darlings. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to three of them. Which one we will keep is anyone's guess. I really like the spirit of the grey one, he is fearless and has shown he is affectionate as young as he is, unlike his mother who is the coldest cat we've ever had. I'm hoping getting her spayed will change her but I doubt it.
Next week I will work on weaning them slowly and getting them to use the litter try and will contact the vet about finding homes for them. It's been a wonderful experience for the kids, to see them being born, and watching Harley care for them, and handling them and playing with them to get them socialised with humans.
WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK:
*Mothering an adult child is not static, nor is it black and white. It ebbs and flows depending on what they need from me and that's okay.
*Beige wool carpet and wood fires do NOT co-exist happily. Wood is messy.
1 comment:
Beautiful views and your aerial is a classic.
I love those old fashioned prawn cocktails, especially with thousand island dressing - you make my mouth water.
What are you writing a book about?
Post a Comment