I was woken from a deep sleep at 6am by Phill wanting to be picked up from Junee. It's great being able to go to bed when I'm tired these days and just go to sleep and sleep normally through the night. My menopause symptoms have disappeared completely, and because I'm getting exercise and feeding my body right it all helps. So does the Valerian tablet I take every night and the cup of hot skim milk with Manuka honey.
So I got up and had a shower and ironed Josh's school clothes (school photos today) and made myself a cuppa to go, and jumped in the car. I never tire of the drive across there, always at different times of the day and night. It was just after dawn and dark and cloudy but the farmlands have their own beauty no matter what the weather.
Got back in time to cook Josh a healthy omelette and have breakfast myself and am having my decaf tea while I type this.
I finally got all the washing folded and put away and did some other stuff so that was my exercise for yesterday. Last night I made the old favourite Chilli and Lime Chicken, and I tried making little low fat rosti, and a salsa to have on the chicken, both turned out really well. I've documented it all on the food blog.
Josh counted points yesterday just for fun. I told him there was no allowance set for him, he's 14 and growing and should eat when he's hungry, but to write down everything you eat in a day can be a real eye opener and helps you to see what you're putting into your body. He was very diligent with it and thought about healthy options for snacks. He could have done better with his fruit and veg but he did better than he normally does and it was a good exercise for him. I heard him say after dinner "I love Weight Watchers!" It's good to show them that they can still enjoy their food but lose weight and stay healthy. He is carrying way too much weight but I need to be gentle with him and encourage him, rather than berate or lecture him.
Emily did well too, she's really into it. She did 30 minutes step aerobics on the Wii. I think we'll go swimming today in spite of the rain, if the pool is open, at least we'll have the place to ourselves.
Yesterday I went and got groceries, at the checkout I was surprised and pleased to see that 90% of my order was fruit and vegies and healthy breads and cereal. The talk around the place was interesting too, all about the leadership challenge that will take place in Canberra to see which buffoon will be prime minister this week. It was almost like they were talking about the Melbourne Cup. Odds on which nag will cross the finish line. I'm usually a very proud Australian but not today, we must be the laughing stock of the political world.
I don't usually do cartoons on here but I loved this one and it somehow reminded me of me (pinched it from Natalie at Bridget's Daughter, thanks Nat).
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)

3 comments:
Your politics can't be any worse than ours. I loved the line about which nag will win.
The cartoon made me giggle.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....another one that STILL IRONS ;0)
Some things....just need it!
Going swimming sounds so foreign to me...it's three weeks away from Spring here. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Waiting for KITTY PICS ;0)
Hope to see Josh's school pic too.
:0)
P.S. Where do you find the hours in the week....to do ALL YOU DO?
You are ....AMAZING and are an AMAZING MOM! (((hugs)))Pat
I think we should just scrap the whole government and start all over.
Post a Comment