Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Emily Gets Arrested

Yep it was always going to happen, just a matter of time really.  She refused school again yesterday and spent the day in her room.  We had stuff to do so were in and out most of the day and took the modem with us but plugged it in when we got home as we needed it.  (We is Kate and myself).  Emily was then in there yukking it up on the internet with her laptop and her Ipod.  I saw red.  I decided she had to have consequences so went in to take away the computer.  Long story short she went ballistic, Kate stayed calm which angered her even more.  She held a fire poker to Kate and later a pair of scissors.  She screamed an ear splitting scream I have never heard before and even had a go at me.  It got very physical so the police were called yet again and took her away.  I spoke to the police this morning and not sure what she did after she left here but it seems she was arrested and charged and fronted court this morning in Wagga after spending the night in Juvenile Detention.  We assume she is now at a refuge but not sure.
She threw my laptop, which had my glasses sitting on the keyboard, hard at the wall in the lounge room, putting two deep holes in the wall and breaking my computer  My glasses, mercifully, were undamaged.  She cut my charger cord with scissors and somehow managed to pack her own laptop and both hers and Josh's chargers so we were left with no internet once Josh's computer ran down.  Today we drove all the way to Wagga and finally got a new charger for Josh's which I am typing on now but can't get email at the moment and Kate got a new charger for her laptop as well, which also wasn't working.  I am exhausted and was upset and anxious all day.  As hard as it is for a mother to say, I think this is where she needs to be for now.  She needs a serious wake up call and some serious help which was not available to us while she was living here.  We have an AVO which covers us all, in spite of the policeman last night not wanting it to cover anyone but Kate, who she had threatened.  I didn't tell Phill till he phoned this morning for fear he would intervene somehow and get her brought home.  He was angry and tried to point the finger at me again but I told him "let's play the finger pointing game" and he backed down.  Later when I spoke to him he agreed this was what needed to happen before things got REALLY serious and someone got hurt, or worse.
And tomorrow we pick up the keys to the new house, although I've put the actual moving date forward till Monday after Phill will get home.  I've booked a removalist to move the big things, I'm sick of our stuff getting damaged every time Phill decides to move us himself.  We will rent a trailer for the rest of the stuff and have till the end of the month to get out of here thankfully.
Yesterday we paid the bond etc and I bought a gorgeous new leather lounge which will replace this dirty old thing and gets delivered on Friday.  Kate and I chose lovely red cushions and today got a couple of red throws.  I will pack all of Emily's things into bags and put into storage until we know what is happening with her.

I don't know what to think or what to do and to be honest we're enjoying some drama free time in a peaceful home.

5 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Trish...still to this very day the only times I felt at ease inside was when my son Randy was locked up. It's a sad statement.
I keep waiting for the AXE TO FALL so to speak ever since he has been free which is over ten years now that he has enjoyed his freedom.
He won't stop stealing. It's a sickness,but the law doesn't treat it like that.
Recently his sister jill told him that was the way she felt too while he was in prison and he got angry and let her know how much danger he was in every day when he was incarcerated. I don't don't that one bit, but it still doesn't change the way I feel.
It's NORMAL for us to feel this way my friend. It's the minds way of coping.
(((hugs)))

gem said...

I feel for you. At least now she hopefully will get the help she needs.

yellowdoggranny said...

sad but I think it was way past time for a wake up call for her..hope it works.

Anonymous said...

must be a tough time to endure. But glad to hear all the fighting is now over :-(
Linda J

Middle Child said...

I don't know what to say but that I am so very sorry you all have this going on - I hope for you that there is a happy outcome and that Em gets some decent professional help -Poor Kate - but she sounds strong

1.6 loss (1) 91kg (1) Albion Hotel (1) Alex (1) Alex present (1) baby clothes (1) banana bread (1) bath bombs (1) better sleep (1) BIG suprises (1) blocked drain (1) Bumblebee sculpture (1) burning off (1) cancer (1) census (1) chair (1) chemical imbalance (1) Chris (1) Christmas ramblings (1) cold (1) Crunchy Nut Chicken (1) day two WW (1) death party (1) Distance Ed (1) Dot (1) Dot's death (1) DP changes electives (1) drug and alcohol counsellor (1) dying (1) Em tantrum (1) Em's diary (1) Emily is accepted into Distance Education (1) Emily meltdown (1) Emily's 16th birthday (1) enigma bear (1) first weigh in (1) fish drama (1) flood (1) Foxy stew (1) fruit cake (1) garlic potatoes (1) hair cut (2) haircut (1) herb seedlings (1) herbs (1) house inspection (1) HSIE merit (1) Jan's first grandson (1) Jervis Bay (1) Johnny (1) joining Weight Watchers (1) Josh bed (1) Josh goes back to school (1) Josh haircut (1) Josh school photos (1) kittens (1) leadership challenge (1) Little Beef Wellingtons (1) marriage (1) Mason drags the chain....again (1) mediation (1) mentor morning tea (1) mentoring for Josh (1) mineral pool picnic (1) Miss Bobbie (1) Mum 85 (1) new house (1) polished lounge (1) pool (1) pork and veal lasagne (1) pork balls (1) pyromaniac (1) rain (1) Sarah (1) school holidays (1) Shrek 4 (1) SIDS for Kids (1) skinny jeans (1) Skype (1) smashed window (1) snoring (1) snow peas (1) Spring (1) staying put (1) stick blender (1) streaks (1) sweet chilli sauce (1) teriyaki salmon marinade (2) Thai beef salad (1) Thai marinade (1) Thai takeaway (1) transmission (1) Valentine (1) Valentines Day (1) veal parmigiana (1) Vonnie (1) weight loss (1) Weight Watchers day one (1) Wii fit (1) Womanity (1) writing book (1) zebras (1)