I stayed up most of the night after Harley went into labour. We always know because she only wants me, and will follow me around and sit on my feet. She eventually had a live kitten, who was instantly active and feeding, a great relief to me and Josh (my assistant midwife). I fell asleep and when I woke up Harley and the kitten were gone and there was a dead kitten in the nest. He had been cleaned up and his cord bitten through but dead he was. I don't understand it. She got in between the wall and the end of the lounge and this morning I peered in to make sure all was well and saw another little head! So we have two healthy kittens this time. We had every intention of getting her spayed after the second litter but because she was only feeding one kitten she got pregnant pretty well straight away and they won't spay them until a few weeks after she finishes nursing. This time however we will keep her inside night and day till we can get her to the vet. I feel terribly guilty and irresponsible. One kitten is mostly white with black but the second little one is like a Harley clone and we think it's a female because it whinges a lot. I suspect the white one is a boy.
The last thing I felt like doing this morning was going out but I had to pay for the phone we bought Em for her birthday. Because the pay was so late we couldn't pay for it when we bid on it. I went and paid at the branch here so the money would get there faster. She won't have it tomorrow for her birthday but she should get it this week.
I drove up to Young and got her a really nice black handbag, she doesn't own one. I got her a little cosmetic purse and put some lip gloss and a mini Impulse spray in it. Then I went downtown to the New Age shop and got her a rose quartz crystal. She is into all that stuff, we had lots of crystals but they got lost when we moved I think. The man in the shop said "You must be getting this for somone very close to you" I said "Yes it's my baby girl's 15th birthday tomorrow". He told me then that rose quartz signifies unconditional love. How appropriate, and her middle name is Rose so it all fits. I got a really cute little bag to keep it in and a silver necklace with her name on. Also a box of her favourite chocolates. She's not really expecting anything because the phone wasn't cheap, it's a touch whiz bang one, so hopefully she will be pleasantly surprised. I also got her a "My Little Pony" as a joke. She said she wanted a cake they have down at the supermarket that has a pony on it. So I got a cute pink one with a brush for its mane and we can put the pony on the cake I will make for her tomorrow.
We're going to the mineral pool rain or shine tomorrow, should be fun. My baby is growing up so fast.
I made a "new" recipe tonight Lamb Kasimiri Kofta. It's spiced lamb meatballs in a spicy sauce. It smells wonderful.
Early night for this little black duck tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)
5 comments:
Oh how I see myself in you. :0)
It's ALL GOOD my friend when we do a little extra here and there to delight someone to let them know how special they are to us.
This brings us our JOY!
Happy Birthday to your Emily
Awww, happy birthday to Em, how exciting. I remember my first hand bag and my first cosmetic set with clear nail varnish, I felt so grown up. the crystal is a lovely idea and of course you love her un conditionaly, it shines through in your posts.
Sad when there is a loss of life with the kittens. I remember us having one live kitten and one died, we had a siamese who just could not give birth natural and had a ceaser.. anyway, I reckon you are responsible and I know you love animals.
The lamb sounds yummo :)
Thanks for your support on my blog I needed that right now. Love and Light, Cazzie :)
Hope the kitties do well. I'm not a cat lover (ah-choo), but I love their attitudes.
The Lamb Kasimir Kofta sounds interesting. Have never heard of it. Recipe ?
happy birthday to em..love to you all and the kitteh.
Happy birthday Em... what date was it on? some good pressies there
Post a Comment