I realised with a start that my brother would have turned 58 today. It seems to odd to think of him at that age. Our father was 58 when he died and he seemed like an almost elderly man to me then. Chris was only 49 when he was murdered. I hadn't seen him since my 41st birthday in October 2000 when he brought Mum and a few of his sleazy hangers on up to Gunnedah for my party. By early New Year's Day 2002 he was dead. Mum still really misses him, of course he was her son, her child, but he also helped her a lot and spent a lot of time with her. He even had a room set up for her in his house in Sydney for when she came to stay. I hope wherever he is he's celebrating with Dad and Grandfather and all the other family who have gone from this world to the next.
It's still raining steadily here and it's forecast for the rest of the week. Not such good news for the cherry farmers who were about to harvest and probably for some of the other farmers but that's life on the land, their livelihood is in nature's hands.
And it's cold tonight, of course I chose today to put the Summer sheets on the beds didn't I?
And SCORE TWO! I was tidying up Em's room and checked out the shelf above her dressing table that goes across from one wardrobe to the other one and lo and behold what should I find but my pink sparkly glasses case, my good blusher, my other pair of glasses AND a screwed up jelly crystals box. I KNEW she took them and she denied it over and over. And who eats a whole packet of jelly crystals? Ugh. Anyway I didn't say anything to her, I just took my stuff and put it away. It will be interesting to see what happens when she realises it's all gone from up there. I just wish I could find my garnet ring, maybe she didn't take it and I lost it, but I doubt that.
I asked Phill to cook dinner tonight, he did his specialty dish, crumbed chicken with mashed potatoes and vegies and it was sooo nice to have someone else cook for me. He even put broccoli in the egg mix!
I figured Harley still had a few weeks to go before she has her kittens but last night she was acting strangely so I got the kids to bring her bed in and we set up the litter tray but I think she was just feeling uncomfortable, she may well have more in there this time. I'll keep her indoors till she delivers but I still think they'll be Christmas kittens. She's enjoying being back inside again and Noah has taken up residence on the end of our bed whenever he is inside. She still won't have anything to do with him and is actively hostile towards him poor little kitten, he doesn't understand. He's such an affectionate cat and a real little character.
Sad news that Leslie Nielsen, a favourite actor of mine, died today aged 84. He just never seemed old to me, such a funny man. We loved the Naked Gun movies with Priscilla Presley. Who knew she was such a comedienne?
Tomorrow is the last day of Spring. And I'm sitting in bed with Winter pjs and my electric blanket on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1.6 loss
(1)
91kg
(1)
Albion Hotel
(1)
Alex
(1)
Alex present
(1)
baby clothes
(1)
banana bread
(1)
bath bombs
(1)
better sleep
(1)
BIG suprises
(1)
blocked drain
(1)
Bumblebee sculpture
(1)
burning off
(1)
cancer
(1)
census
(1)
chair
(1)
chemical imbalance
(1)
Chris
(1)
Christmas ramblings
(1)
cold
(1)
Crunchy Nut Chicken
(1)
day two WW
(1)
death party
(1)
Distance Ed
(1)
Dot
(1)
Dot's death
(1)
DP changes electives
(1)
drug and alcohol counsellor
(1)
dying
(1)
Em tantrum
(1)
Em's diary
(1)
Emily is accepted into Distance Education
(1)
Emily meltdown
(1)
Emily's 16th birthday
(1)
enigma bear
(1)
first weigh in
(1)
fish drama
(1)
flood
(1)
Foxy stew
(1)
fruit cake
(1)
garlic potatoes
(1)
hair cut
(2)
haircut
(1)
herb seedlings
(1)
herbs
(1)
house inspection
(1)
HSIE merit
(1)
Jan's first grandson
(1)
Jervis Bay
(1)
Johnny
(1)
joining Weight Watchers
(1)
Josh bed
(1)
Josh goes back to school
(1)
Josh haircut
(1)
Josh school photos
(1)
kittens
(1)
leadership challenge
(1)
Little Beef Wellingtons
(1)
marriage
(1)
Mason drags the chain....again
(1)
mediation
(1)
mentor morning tea
(1)
mentoring for Josh
(1)
mineral pool picnic
(1)
Miss Bobbie
(1)
Mum 85
(1)
new house
(1)
polished lounge
(1)
pool
(1)
pork and veal lasagne
(1)
pork balls
(1)
pyromaniac
(1)
rain
(1)
Sarah
(1)
school holidays
(1)
Shrek 4
(1)
SIDS for Kids
(1)
skinny jeans
(1)
Skype
(1)
smashed window
(1)
snoring
(1)
snow peas
(1)
Spring
(1)
staying put
(1)
stick blender
(1)
streaks
(1)
sweet chilli sauce
(1)
teriyaki salmon marinade
(2)
Thai beef salad
(1)
Thai marinade
(1)
Thai takeaway
(1)
transmission
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Valentines Day
(1)
veal parmigiana
(1)
Vonnie
(1)
weight loss
(1)
Weight Watchers day one
(1)
Wii fit
(1)
Womanity
(1)
writing book
(1)
zebras
(1)


4 comments:
The number FIFTY EIGHT screams at me! I guess because I am FIFTY EIGHT. So, your post really reached me today. I am so sorry about your brother. What a handsome man he was, and what a loss for a parent...and for a sister, too. We never seem to let those 'anniversary' days pass by that the memories don't come flooding back to us.
Have a wonderful new season. We are entering into the depths of a gray, cold winter.
I hope tomorrow brings you lots of sunshine and smiles.
Always a blog-bud: Kathy
oopsie!
CRS Can't remember shit syndrome
I meant SUMMER :0)
sad about your dad and brother.much to young..
I was sad about Leslie Nielsen too.He had a good life..
Your brother was very good looking - I am so sorry he is not around. I hope for my Don the same as you hope for your Chris - that he is with all those who loved him and who came before, mother, father sisters, grandparents etc.
We loved Leslie Neilsen. Don would watch the naked Gun ones and be laughing so hard that he wouldn't be able to make any sound - we got as much fun watching him do this nearly all the way through the movies - he was exhausted at the end of them
Post a Comment